Ages ago I got a skein of T-Shirt yarn and a lovely 15mm wooden crochet hook when I subscribed to Mollie Makes magazine. Until now I’ve never got round to doing anything with it but I rediscovered them in my wool stash and decided to try making an idea I’ve had bubbling away for a while.
This DIY to make a crochet necklace is really quick – it takes about 10 minutes – and has the added bonus that it’s totally baby proof. Yeah, I know, I’m sneaking in another baby-themed make, but hopefully you’ll like it if you’re not a mum or mum-to-be!
What You Need:
- T-Shirt Yarn (mine is from We are Knitters, as is the hook)
- A 15mm crochet hook.
How to Make it:
UK crochet stitches
- ch – chain
- htr – half treble crochet
- sl st – slip stitch
- Leave a long tail (this will make one end of your necklace) then attach the yarn to your crochet hook using a slip knot.
- ch 12. Turn.
- htr into the third ch from the hook then htr across to the end of the chain. Turn.
- sl st back across to the other end of the piece. Fasten off.
- Cut a tail to make the other end of the necklace.
You can always add a couple of wooden beads if you like or just tie the necklace and wear it.
I hope you liked this quick necklace DIY. I’m off to go and plan some other fun crochet projects using T-Shirt yarn. I’ve got to say I enjoyed using the large hook (although I think it will take a bit of getting used to!).
Have you make anything with T-Shirt yarn either knitting or crochet? I would love to hear about them.
Lots of T-shirt love,